Make a positive difference in more ways than one with these one-of-a-kind handbags from Mother Erth. Made from woven salvaged plastic with sustainable rattan handles, they are handmade from 100% upcycled materials and designed with 100% heart.
Mother Erth bags are made by incredibly talented artisan mothers in local communities around the Philippines, who are committed to making a difference for their families and communities.
*Every item’s colors and patterns are unique.
- Open top (no zipper)
- Soft and smooth to the touch, yet incredibly strong
- Double weave with 5-year warranty
- Handle made with sustainably sourced rattan
- RFID Blocking
Your bag’s impact
- For the Environment – this Mother Erth bag keeps unrecyclable materials from entering our land and oceans.
- For Women – When you purchase a Mother Erth product, you provide an artisan mother with a sustainable livelihood which pays three times the average wage in her community.
The very thing that makes plastic a serious environmental problem becomes its greatest strength.The material used to make these bags lasts 1000 years in the ocean. It is seriously strong. These artisans use double weaves with deep rooted handles so that your bag can easily stand up to daily use.
Why handmade by mothers? When it comes to providers in developing countries, a mother’s income often determines whether her children will have nutritious food and are able to go to school.
Each bag is a unique combination of colors springing from the artisan’s style and character and from the juice or food packaging that the materials were originally intended for.
Plastic that would have clogged landfills and choked oceans is given new life with each bag. When you carry your bag, you remind others to care for our environment and inspire them to better our world.