These beautiful bowls are made from reclaimed coconut shells after being discarded as waste from the coconut oil industry, which would otherwise be burned releasing emissions into the atmosphere. Each bowl is handcrafted and unique in size and shape, just like the coconuts they were made from. The average size is 13cm diameter by 6cm height, with a volume of 500ml – 600ml. These bowls are completely natural and are smooth inside and out. They are cut, cleaned and sanded, then polished with organic virgin coconut oil.
- Hand wash with lukewarm soapy water
- Not suitable for dishwasher use or long soaking
- Best to use with cool and room temperature foods
- To use with warmer foods, prep your bowl for the change in temperature to ensure durability – rinse in lukewarm water and sit aside until dry
- Polish with virgin coconut oil every 10 or so uses to restore its smooth and shiny surface
- Please note bowls generally don’t sit flat due to being handcrafted from coconut shells
- Not suitable for the refrigerator, microwave or oven